working for a prosperous and just society which manages its
natural resources sustainably
- To enhance the capacity of Forest Action Network to
sustainably deliver services to its stakeholders.
- To advocate for an enabling environment for sustainable
natural resource management policies.
- To facilitate the participation of local communities and other
interested parties in the implementation of their national
forestry master plans.
- To work closely with policy makers to establish ways in which
communities living close to forests can benefit the forests, and
how these communities can participate in the management of these
- To facilitate timely sharing of relevant information and
natural resources management with stakeholders using relevant
- To build capacity/strengthen all stakeholders in natural
resource management decision-making
- To facilitate the production of radio programmes based on
local communities' experience in natural resource management.
- To document and archive available information on natural
resource management networking structures.
- To stimulate debate and keep track of emerging issues in
natural resource management.
- To facilitate networking on issues related to land tenure and
common property in relation to the management of natural
- To contribute towards the implementation of natural resource
management policies by all stakeholders.sawa
- To bring together community- based organizations, researchers,
foresters, policy makers and social scientists to enable them
participate actively in the sustainable management of natural
resources and address arising conflicts.
While implementing the objectives, FAN strives to:
- Foster transparency, accountability, honesty, integrity,
fairness, and equity in the management of natural resources and
all facets of human endeavor while carrying out its duties.
- Cultivate ideals that are sensitive to all cultures, beliefs,
races, ages, and gender in all its activities.
- Promote environmentally friendly practices, especially
sustainable management of natural resources and the environment in
all its activities.
- Promote professionalism, excellence, objectivity and
non-partisanship when carrying out its duties.
- Encourage collaboration, networking, teamwork and continuous
upgrading of human skills among its stakeholders.